Filter coffee is one of the greatest new addictions in the Coffee industry currently. Today, you can easily find a number of ‘Artisan’ coffee shops in every street across the globe having the large number of very costly espresso machines, some of which are even costlier than cars, then, why are people getting addicted to brewing their regular cup of coffee inside a plastic cone? Read ninja coffee bar reviews by JustCoffeeMaker.Com
Let us look at the undermining phenomenon behind this trend and understand why is it happening so.
What is a Filter Coffee?
The Filter Coffee has emerged out to be the latest trend in the Coffee brewing business. Ditching the expensive Espresso machines, people are turning to a relatively cheaper way of brewing an amazing cup of coffee by mixing boiled and frothed milk with a decoction that is obtained by brewing ground coffee powder in a filter cup.
Why Is Filter Coffee Driving People Mad?
There are a number of reasons why people are switching over to Filter Coffee. A few reasons include:
- It is very cheap to brew a rather tasteful cup of coffee at home.
- There is no requirement of any complex equipment.
- The coffee can be made very easily.
- You don’t require extra milk, syrup, sugar or chocolate sprinkles to hide the poor taste of coffee beans.
- The Filtered coffee tastes less ‘intense’ than your regular cup of Espresso coffee.
What Major Things Affect The Taste Of Your Cup Of Coffee?
The taste of a perfect cup of Filter coffee is dependent upon a number of important factors which include the following:
- The Roast-ness of your fresh ground Coffee bean.
- The ratio of coffee to water in your drink.
- The amount of time you kept the coffee in contact with water.
- Uniformity of the grind of your coffee beans.
- Water temperature and Atmospheric pressure during the process of extraction.
These factors play an important role on how your cup of Coffee will shape up. If we get the combination of these things perfect while creating a cup of Filter coffee, you are in for a delight.
What are the things that you need to create an amazing Filter Coffee?
There are quite a few things that you might need to assist you in creating the perfect cup of Filter coffee at your home. These items include:
Filter-Roast Ground Coffee
There is an abundance of different coffee beans you could choose from for your Filter coffee. However, filter roasts are the best out of the lot as they are lighter than your normal espresso roast beans and are tailor-made for brewing filter coffee.
A grinder is very useful to maintain the coarseness while grinding your coffee beans. Either you can invest in a burr grinder to a consistent grinding for the beans or visit a nearby coffee shop to get the beans grinded for you. The blade grinders are not much useful in this case as they won’t be able to grind the beans consistent or fine enough as to your liking.
In simple words, Kettle is very useful to boil the water for your coffee.
A Dripper or Funnel
Go for a Hario V60 dripper if you need one. You get a choice between a ceramic and a plastic one. You can get either of them as they won’t have much effect on the taste.
Filters don’t come much better than the Hario V60 filter papers. These are a single-use filter so you have to recycle them after usage.
This can be a mug or a put. It is only placed because coffee needs a place to drip down after passing it through a filter.
How To Prepare Filter Coffee?
- Boil some water in the kettle at about 90-degree Celsius temperature.
- Pour the boiled water in the vessel on the fine ground coffee beans to cover as much area as you possibly can.
- Pour the water till the funnel will fill up with a golden brown color at the surface.
- Repeat the process in step 3 for 2-3 times after every 1-2 minutes dropping 50g water each time on the coffee beans in the funnel.
- Remove the funnel and the filter from the top of the vessel to collect around 200g of freshly made filtered coffee in the vessel.
The Bottom Line
Filter coffee is a new cheaper form of brewing a very tasty cup of coffee to get through your daily dose of coffee without having to spend a lot of money on buying expensive espresso machines. Filter coffee provides you with a brilliant cup of coffee at the comfort of your home without having to spend a fortune on it.…